Job Title: Educator
The Azrieli Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Educator for its Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program.
Founded in 2005, The Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program was established by the Azrieli Foundation to collect, preserve, publish and share the memoirs written by Holocaust survivors who made their way to Canada. The program is guided by the conviction that each survivor has a unique story to tell and that each story, in its own way, can play a distinctive role in education about the acceptance of diversity. This is the only national program providing free Holocaust education materials and outreach in both official languages across Canada.
We are looking for a dedicated educator with in-depth knowledge of teaching best practices and educational processes to complement our qualified team of Holocaust educators. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal abilities.
Reporting to the Manager of Education Initiatives, the Educator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collaborating with the education team to research and create educational materials, lesson plans and other supplemental material to support the use of the books published by the Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program
- Assessing lesson plans for ease of classroom implementation
- Communicating and collaborating with teachers and stakeholders and participating in regular meetings
- Implementing teacher training according to each province’s curricular requirements and school boards’ needs
- Planning and executing professional development events
- Providing individualized instruction to teachers by promoting interactive learning
- Cultivating teachers’ interest in Holocaust education and being a dedicated ally in the process of bringing this topic into Canadian classrooms
- Collaborating, researching and creating learning opportunities to train forthcoming teachers
- Administrative tasks as required
- Travelling within Canada as required (post-Pandemic)
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education
- Proven experience as a classroom teacher
- Experience creating lesson plans in literary arts and/or social studies/history courses
- Experience presenting lessons in a comprehensive manner using visual/audio means to facilitate learning (in person and virtually)
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-organized
- Creative and energetic
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Demonstrated interest in learning about the Holocaust an asset
This position is located in the Toronto office.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Azrieli Foundation will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities in our hiring process.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email by February 15, 2020 to: HR@azrielifoundation.org citing Educator in subject line.
Please, no telephone inquiries. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.