Assistant Editor, Memoirs Program
Reporting to the Managing Editor, Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program, the Assistant Editor will support the work of the editorial team on English-language manuscripts.
- Provide editorial assistance to the Managing Editor for publications and catalogues.
- Update glossary entries in databases.
- Proofread program-related content, e.g education newsletters and promotional materials.
- Write alt text following AODA standards and internal guidelines.
- Perform administrative tasks related to distribution.
- Field phone calls and emails regarding manuscript submissions and eligibility.
- Maintain and organize database of memoirs and manuscripts.
- Maintain book inventory.
- Coordinate eBook data and distribution, and liaise with distributor.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word and Adobe
- Knowledge of editing and publishing tools and protocols; knowledge of AODA standards is an asset
- Strong proofreading skills with an editorial background
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Works well under pressure and has strong multi-tasking skills
Environment, Pace and Challenges
- Dynamic and fast-paced
- Collaborative team environment
- Challenge: potential pressure in meeting demands from multiple sources
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Fulfilling the philanthropic legacy of David J. Azrieli, the Azrieli Foundation has been funding institutions and operating programs in Israel and Canada since 1989.
Driven by a strong belief in the powerful role and responsibility of philanthropy, the Foundation empowers people by supporting a broad range of organizations, facilitating innovative outcomes and increasing knowledge and understanding in the search for practical and novel solutions.
With a firm conviction that everyone has potential, we work to open doors, break ground, and nurture networks, empowering people to achieve their best and contribute to society.
In addition to strategic philanthropic investments, the Azrieli Foundation operates several programs: the Azrieli Fellows Program, the Azrieli Science Grants Program, the Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program, the Azrieli Music Prizes, and the Azrieli Prize in Architecture.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email: email@example.com no later than February 13, 2024. Please reference Assistant Editor, Memoirs Program in the subject line.
The Azrieli Foundation will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities in our hiring process.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.