||Chief Strategy Officer (CSO)
||Toronto (in-office presence required three (3) days a week)
The Azrieli Foundation, the largest non-corporate foundation in Canada, is looking for a Grants Manager to join the team. Reporting to the CSO, will be accountable for the management of grants that do not fall under one of our Core Areas of Impact (Science, Music and Arts and Neurodiversity).
Grant Management (60%)
- Maintains and expands upon a breadth of knowledge to enhance the Foundation’s grant-making strategies, including current trends, emerging issues, evaluations, academic literature, policy interventions and innovations
- Works with Senior Management to develop strategies and policies for consideration by the CEO and the Board, and implements these strategies and policies in a manner approved by the Board
- Strategically identifies worthy funding or partnership opportunities in accordance with charitable tax laws and the mission of the Azrieli Foundation
- Works within the structure of the Azrieli Foundation’s grant-making process, policies and strategic framework to ensure that proposals and documentation put forward by identified organizations may be properly reviewed and considered by the Azrieli Foundation’s Board of Directors
- Provides a preliminary evaluation of submissions consistent with the Azrieli Foundation strategic framework
- Develops key performance indicators of grants for approval by Senior Management
- After discussions with Senior Management and where Board has decided on a strategy for targeted development, works to develop new initiatives; reviews and/or modifies these initiatives as needed; and works with Senior Management to prepare the initiative for presentation to the Board (by the CEO or other key stakeholders)
- Attends conferences when appropriate to learn of developments in fields of interest to the Foundation and position the Azrieli brand in these fields
- Administrates grants throughout their lifecycle, from intake to payment processing to report monitoring
- Follows up with funded organizations to ensure that goals are met, and funds are spent as agreed
- Assesses the performance and outcomes of grants to assist in Board decision-making about future funding
- Communicates with funded organizations to ensure the Azrieli Foundation brand is being represented according to established Foundation standards
- At the direction of Senior Management, may act as liaison to funded organizations on joint projects
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years working in a similar role in a not-for-profit organization
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Robust project management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written), listening and implementation skills
- Ability to take direction from multiple people and proactively manage that dynamic
- Detail- and deadline-oriented with strong multi-tasking skills
- Customer- and service-oriented with the ability to adapt and respond to different types of personalities and approaches
- Adaptable and comfortable with change
- Demonstrates a confident and proactive approach to resolving issues
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency with web-based program management and knowledge-sharing platforms
- Highly organize, flexible and creative with the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet tight timelines
- Knowledge of French would be considered an asset
Environment, Pace and Challenges
- The environment is dynamic and fast-paced
- The individual must feel comfortable at times working with minimal guidance while also being open to taking direction from multiple people
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Fulfilling the philanthropic legacy of David J. Azrieli, the Azrieli Foundation has been funding institutions and operating programs in Israel and Canada since 1989.
Driven by a strong belief in the powerful role and responsibility of philanthropy, the Foundation empowers people by supporting a broad range of organizations, facilitating innovative outcomes and increasing knowledge and understanding in the search for practical and novel solutions.
With a firm conviction that everyone has potential, we work to open doors, break ground, and nurture networks – empowering the most vulnerable to the most exceptional to achieve their best and contribute to society.
In addition to strategic philanthropic investments, the Azrieli Foundation operates several programs: the Azrieli Fellows Program, the Azrieli Science Grants Program, the Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program, the Azrieli Music Prizes and the Azrieli Prize in Architecture.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com no later than April 14, 2023. Please reference Grants Manager in the subject line.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and value diverse backgrounds,
abilities and ways of thinking. Diversity and inclusion make our organization stronger, more productive and innovative. Applicants with lived experience who identify as neurodivergent are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you require an accommodation during the application or recruitment process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.