Position Title: Program Officer, Azrieli Music Prizes (AMP)
Status: Full Time, permanent
Reports to: Manager – Music, Arts and Cultural (MAC) Initiatives
Interfaces with: Prize Laureates, AMP Advisory Council and outside partners, service providers and key stakeholders
Location: This position is based in the Azrieli Foundation’s Montréal or Toronto office with regular travel between offices required. International travel also will be required from time to time.
The Program Officer, Azrieli Music Prizes (AMP) is the principal administrator and primary point of contact for the biennial Azrieli Music Prizes program – Canada’s top competition for music composition. The Officer is responsible for harmonizing the partners, plans and resources required to efficiently and effectively realize AMP’s core activities. They are also responsible for identifying, activating and engaging a dynamic community around AMP; and for ensuring that the program’s plans and activities are fully integrated with the strategic orientation of the Azrieli Foundation.
About the Azrieli Foundation:
With a firm belief that everyone, from our most vulnerable to our most exceptional, has a contribution to make, the Azrieli Foundation has been opening doors, breaking ground and nurturing networks for over 30 years. As the largest non-corporate foundation in Canada, we fund institutions and operate programs in Canada and Israel.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the biennial AMP program plan, including the call for submissions, jury sessions, Gala Concert, recording project, international concerts and related events
- Co-develop the biennial program budget with the MAC Manager and ensure that AMP operates within approved financial parameters
Research / Monitoring / Reporting:
- Stay aware of developments in the music and other sectors that affect AMP’s planning, policies, processes and practices
- Consult regularly with the MAC Manager, Foundation staff, AMP Advisory Council and key partners to ensure AMP is meeting program goals and objectives
- Collect feedback to identify program improvement areas and incorporate improvements in a timely fashion
- Prepare project reports in accordance with AMP and Foundation timelines
Communications / Community Engagement:
- Act as key point of contact with Prize Laureates, the Advisory Council, program partners, service providers and the public
- Support the Advisory Council in convening and running Council meetings
- Collaborate with the Communications Team and related service providers to develop and deliver the AMP communications plan
- Identify and network with individuals, organizations and institutions to increase visibility of AMP in existing and new markets
Program Alignment and Advocacy:
- In collaboration with MAC Manager, ensure that AMP aligns with the Azrieli Foundation’s strategic and brand orientations
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in alignment with AMP’s program objectives and the Azrieli Foundation’s strategic orientation
- Act as an advocate for AMP and the Azrieli Foundation: communicate the organization’s mission, vision, values, achievements and unique role
- At least three years of project management experience required; experience in the charitable sector is an asset
- A university training in music is preferred; training in arts and cultural management is considered valuable
- Strong oral, written and visual communication skills using both official languages (i.e. English and French) is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of the classical music sector in Canada; knowledge of the international field is an asset
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop, plan, implement, report on and improve programs is important
Candidate Skills and Competencies
- Must be a creative yet systematic thinker: someone who sees the potential to advance AMP through continuous learning and improvement
- Responds well to the demands that are presented by change, ambiguity, complexity and other external pressures
- Keeps current in their own field of expertise, shares knowledge with peers and partners and can effectively translate it to program plans
- Demonstrates skill in project management, including budgeting, resourcing and task management in alignment with larger organizational plans
- Knows how to initiate work: sets goals; accepts accountability for results; and actively demonstrates a commitment to productivity
- Exhibits an ability to collect, understand and analyze balanced feedback, and translate insights into effective future actions
- Sustains strong, productive and trusting relationships among peers and partners, working collaboratively to achieve goals
- Exhibits emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills with an ability to sensitively manage differences of opinion, resolve conflicts and address confrontation
- Maintains a professional demeanour, acting with integrity and discretion
- Knowledge of current web/online knowledge-sharing software and tools
- Experience working in a PC-based environment using a variety of software applications, mostly MS Office suite
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé via email: email@example.com.
The Azrieli Foundation will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities in our hiring process.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.