The INfinity Prize is open to all small- and mid-sized not-for-profit and for-profit employment social enterprises in Canada with fewer than 500 employees and a scalable business model that:
- Prioritizes the needs of neurodivergent employees by providing them with:
- Career development opportunities in the competitive labour market
- Fair wages (minimum wage or greater)
- Includes neurodivergent employees as part of decision making for the business
- Pays remittance to the Canada Revenue Agency
- Demonstrates a minimum of three years’ revenue and is looking to scale while:
- Providing quality goods and services as demand increases
- Maintaining or improving quality goods and services as demand increases
- Maintaining or improving customer experience
- Growing by developing new markets
All judges and reviewers sign a non-disclosure and conflict-of-interest agreement in which they commit to preserving the confidentiality of information received in the course of reviewing applications for the INfinity Prize.
The selection process will consist of three parts.
Part 1 – Application process and pre-screening
Online applications are due May 19, 2023, at 11:59 pm.
Submissions are pre-screened by a small team consisting of our staff and two independent external advisors to evaluate:
- Financial health
- Economic viability
- Feasibility of implementation
The top 10 submissions are delivered to the judges for their evaluation.
Part 2 – Vetting process
- The top five applicants will be selected by July 7, 2023
- Interviews with the judges will be conducted between August 7 and August 18, 2023
- The top three finalists will be chosen by August 25, 2023
Commentary and feedback will be available to all applicants who enquire.
Part 3 – Selection of Winner
The prize recipient will be selected on October 25 or 26, 2023, based on a captivating, interactive “elevator pitch” that each finalist will present to the panel of judges at a publicized event.
• The INfinity Prize was announced publicly on March 22, 2023, with a call for applications
• Applications are to be completed, through the online accessible platform, by May 19, 2023, at 11:59 pm
• Interviews for the top five applicants will be conducted between August 7 and August 18, 2023
• The winner will be announced during the week of October 23, 2023
In return, the prize winner will:
- Participate in regular meetings with coaches and Foundation staff
- Adhere to the principles of inclusive employment. These include giving disabled people:
- The opportunity to work in the competitive labour market alongside their non-disabled peers
- Access to the same benefits and career opportunities as all other employees
- Access to quality employment opportunities, regardless of disability
- Access to workplace accommodations and the tools needed to succeed
- Adhere to the principles of meaningful employment. The Azrieli Foundation defines meaningful employment as: Employment that gives employees purpose and allows them to pursue their interests and/or achieve their goals
- Participate in the Foundation’s Social Enterprise Network and other network-building activities
- Provide an annual report on operations and finances, and bi-monthly updates on the work with the coach
- Acknowledge the Foundation for any activities related to, or supported by, the INfinity Prize*
*Recognize the Foundation as “The Azrieli Foundation” and/or “La Fondation Azrieli” as appropriate, in accordance with enterprise’s recognition policies, if any, commensurate with all other equivalent donors, in all presentations of the Project in media (whether print, electronic or otherwise), in all of the enterprise’s publications where it would be relevant to do so, and in supporter listings in web and print publications, including the impact report.
How to apply for the INfinity Prize
All applications must include:
• A completed Eligibility Quiz
• A completed two-part Application Form
• Supporting documents
• A completed Declaration
Download the INfinity Prize Application workbook to begin working on your submission today. All submissions must be received using our online application portal.
If you require accommodations, please contact us.